and now, here’s your
but first my standard disclaimer:
I am no expert. But I can (and do) think for myself.
“‘Our fight is Jihad and an obligatory worship. And every obligatory act of worship has 70 times more reward in Ramadan,’ a statement quoted spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid as claiming.”
BUT BE WARNED
for no apparent reason that guy seems just a wee bit prejudiced against Islam. Still, it takes all sorts …
how the hell do the the Islamics get that ’70’ figure they quote?
- Did God tell them?
- Is it an uneducated guess?
- Did some profit in the past state it from a Revelation? (Yes, profit. And you really think think I can’t spell ‘prophet’?)
- Is it written in the unarguable undiscussable sacred WOG book*?
- Is it possible to be human and decent and civilised all year, yet make up for it by obligatory acts during Ramadan?
- Is it misplaced hyperbole?
Damn. Religion is such a tough topic … no wonder I’d opt for Zen; I find it much easier to envisage ‘one hand clapping’ than a loving merciful God favouring Islam …
* Word Of God