LET’S OPEN WITH A QUOTE—
“I would be negligent, as a professor who is running a class about the human condition and the assumptions we make about being ‘human,’ if I did not also raise this issue of gendered language and ask my students to respect the need for gender-neutral language,” Scott explained. “The words we use matter very much, or else teachers would not be making an issue of this at all, and the MLA would not be making recommendations for gender-neutral language at the national level.”
To read the whole (pathetic) issue: CLICK HERE
In a previous post/comment I mentioned the word ‘Blackmail’.
I define BM as “when you are in a position to do so with meaning, you threaten some manner of harm to someone defenceless against it unless they do what you demand”.
I SAY AGAIN
that ‘educators’ trying to pervert the course of language (in accordance with either their own desires or instructions from above) are blackmailing the very
students suckers who pay them fees to be actually taught* stuff.
BUT WHY STOP THERE?
If ‘man’ is so outrageous a term, can we not replace it with ‘per’? Read on and discover that ‘per’ is a shortened (and thus compliant) term replacing the word person, which itself is unacceptable because ‘son’ means male child. Hence ‘person’ is sexist and illegitimate but per is all sweetness and light. (I did briefly consider perper but thought it a bit excessive—people might giggle …)
‘man’ has to be out. Nasty, brutish, smelly, and driven only by uncontrollable lust, man and all its derivatives must be changed. Forthwith.
- human must become ‘huper’
- mankind must become huperkind
- manifold (think engines) must become perifold
- humane must become hupere
- mandate … is very sexist, the ‘man’ part is simple enough (changing to per) but ‘date’ refers to a preset appointment wherein the lustful will attempt to alleviate his lusts upon the innocent. Dates are thus sexist in extremis and must be forbidden—replace all dates with ‘rend’ (abbreviated form of rendezvous). Hence ‘perrend’.
- woman shall be woper
- women shall be wimmin (nothing new here)
AND IT MUST BE CARRIED OVER
throughout all of nature, history, geography and any of the relevant scientific, technical, academic, social, literary, religious, military, commercial, and/or any other disciples both formal and informal. Such that (to put it simply) bull becomes ‘bovinus-singular-m’ and ‘cow’ becomes ‘bovinus-singular-f’ **.
* Which is ‘money on false pretences’, which is theft, no?
** We must be careful using sexist terms like male and female as ‘female’ contains male. (It’s tough but we’ll have to work on it.) We could try hemale for male, and shemale for female (to demonstrate the source) then abbreviate to the more acceptable ‘hem’ and ‘shem’. Don’t fret: it is coming …